With my current gaming rig nearing its 4th birthday, it’s time to look at a new one. With a nice amount saved up, I’m going for very good rig.
- Corsair Obsidian Series 700D CC700D Case ($189.99)
- CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W ($329.99)
- ASUS Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ($369.99)
- Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz ($594.99)
- G.SKILL Trident+ Turbulence II 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 ($403.99)
- EVGA SuperClocked 015-P3-1582-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) ($525.19)
- Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1CCA 2.5″ 128GB SATA III ($299.00)
- Western Digital Caviar Black WD2001FASS 2TB 7200 RPM ($189.99)
- LITE-ON Blu-ray Burner with 3D Playback SATA iHBS212 LightScribe ($159.99)
Total cost is $3113.10. I eventually plan on getting a second SSD for Ubuntu and a second and maybe even a third GTX 580 to handle any future game they can throw at me.